SES AI Corporation, based in Boston and renowned as a worldwide pioneer in the design and production of high-performance lithium-metal (Li-Metal) rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles (EVs) and various applications, has declared its upcoming hosting of their 3rd annual Battery World on December 12, 2023.
During Battery World 2023, SES AI anticipates announcing several exciting new developments, including:
- Officially entering the world’s first B-sample Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with a major automotive OEM (a key milestone for Li-Metal commercialization and the future of transportation)
- A new form factor for its Li-Metal battery cells
- New initiatives to launch Li-Metal batteries for the Urban Air Mobility (UAM) market
In addition to the aforementioned topics, SES AI expects to detail many other exciting initiatives.
“Battery World 2023 will be our most exciting event since our inaugural Battery World in 2021 when we first demonstrated our large capacity Li-Metal automotive cells that had energy density of ~400 Wh/Kg . At that time, we became the world’s first Li-Metal cell manufacturer to enter into an automotive A-sample JDA. We are now the world’s first to enter an automotive B-sample JDA for Li-Metal batteries. This achievement was the culmination of fundamental breakthroughs in material chemistry and cell engineering that led to a significant improvement in Li-Metal practical safety,” said Founder and CEO Qichao Hu. “Entering into an automotive B-sample is a major milestone towards the commercialization of Li-Metal batteries and the future of electrified transportation on land and in the air.”
Battery World 2023 will take place at the following times:
- US session: 9am EST, December 12, 2023
- Korea session: 10am KST, December 13, 2023
- China session: 10am BJ Time, December 13, 2023
SOURCE: SES AI Corp